BattleAU Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mykindos, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Mykindos

Mykindos Administrator Staff Member Administrator Developer

Thanks for the compilation, I'll respond to whatever I didn't respond to before

Achievement system:

While in theory a good idea, it wouldn't work too well with the chat, as its already over crowded as shit. Once I figure out a way to clean it up a little better, maybe this will be a more viable option.

Pets:

I had my own idea for this, and I think its a little more viable.
    Basically, when doing certain things like mining, cutting wood, pvping, killing bosses, etc. You have a very, very, very small chance of receiving a pet, which is untargetable, undamageable, and permanent across all maps. While the pet is active, you receive a specific bonus relevant to how you got the pet (e.g. extra ore drop chance, more damage against bosses, etc). Though, I think it would have to be integrated into the online store as well, as without profit, there is no server.

PvP Balances:

Specifically asked for no balance suggestions, I am aware of what people play, and have ideas in mind on how to tweak it in the right direction.

Cave system:

Minecraft comes with caves in the ground, I aint going around and putting more in

Dom Avoid fixes:

Probably significantly reduced with the new top clan reward system we have in mind.

Clan Energy

This is probably something we will implement.

Gambling:

All for it, I don't care what parents think. Will probably stick to 50/50 odds, and keep track of all money the server has stolen from players.

Stairway to heaven or whatever the fuck its called

I like the idea, but I got a pretty decent idea in mind to revamp KOTH.
    As most people know, I said I was going to make the koth chest available to the clan who got the most kills in fields during the time period.
    This is going to happen, but additionally the loot in the koth chest is going to change. The loot the clan gets, will be a fully durability (apart from legendaries) version of all items lost at fields during the event. The victor clan will be able to access the loot from anywhere, in a special GUI, kind of like an enderchest.
    I'll also add a chance for legendaries, tnt, etc into the loot.

tommy272625 likes this.
  2. Comprzz

Comprzz Moderator Staff Member Mod

Very big fan of your idea for the pets mykindos, much like what old school runescape offers with pets however please make them extremely rare, much rarer then legendaries.
    If you wanted a gold sink/something to donate for, you could have it so you have the option to insure the pets. Insuring them would mean they are permanent for a one time fee (in game/donate). When you receive a pet a message in chat is displayed to the server: Comprzz just received the mining pet
    I would lose the pet if i were to die, however if i went and paid for a pet insurance i could insure that pet for 500k or donate $5.

I do believe you should incorporate the achievements section into the info command, as you'll have more room to play with and could just have a list of every achievement on the server on a webpage on the website

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  3. Barret

Barret Forum Junkie

NA server?

Add rewards for individual work. My shitty bases take 10 hours to make while having super pick and I would be cool if people got recognized for "blocks mined" or "blocks travelled," evaluating not PvP, ganking, any of that. Just a way of rewarding players for grinding really hard, not just dominating as a power clan. It will help dedicated solos and duos get access to legendaries and TNT in the form of possibly fragments.

Also a crafting recipe for legends. Bosses would drop custom items used in these legendaries. Some items could also be acquired by farming or exploring etc. I coded this and have some videos for examples. Bau ideas: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPYUzLpl-VenjXbq36DsOICb4HEdmV8Be

4. Comprzz

I believe this is something that could be recognised via my /info command suggested under the achievements section, would help describe what sort of player people are as well

Barret likes this.
  5. Mykindos

Quite literally where I got the idea from
    However, you wouldn't lose the pet even if you died, so pet insurance wouldn't be needed

For the /info command, you don't want the player to have to scroll, its just messy and unattractive, so achievements wont really fit there too well

6. Comprzz

Yeah i thought so, however adding them to the shop just eliminates the value of them. This allows the server to still profit from them but i can see why you'd do it that way.

Also with the achievements i was thinking of just having it say something like:
    Achievements: King of Slimes, Veteran, Koth II

Then just have a page on the website explaining what each do, or you could even add the view effect that the clans system had where if you hovered over it in chat it would display what it meaned.

7. Mykindos

Was thinking of adding another thing, kind of related to boss achievements, that whenever you kill a boss, you get 2% extra damage (stacks every time you kill it) against that specific boss, for the rest of the map. So if you killed it 50 times, you would deal 2x as much damage as someone who hasn't killed it at all.

8. Comprzz

Very good idea

9. tommy272625

tommy272625 Forum Junkie

For the achievements, there shouldn't be anything that appears in chat. I should open a menu (like a chest) with the 3 different types of achievements. When you click on one, it'll open a new chest with each achievement displaying how you get it, their rewards and your progress with that achievement. It'd be clean and simple to use, but would take a little while to code. I'd be willing to come up with achievements (not rewards) if you'd be willing to code this. It's something that people will actually come on / stay on the server to work towards since people often find themselves with nothing to do besides pvp when on the server.

For pets, it seems fine, but it might also be cool to add a leveling system to them. For the ore one, you'd originally get the mining pet by chance and it'll start level 1 with like... 1% chance to get an extra ore. At level 2 after mining more ore it'd become 2% or 3%.

Also, would pets be in the form of items or just buttons in a 'chest' menu sort of thing, or an actual mob which spawns in? It'd be pretty cool to have them in some sort of chest menu that can be accessed using /pets from any location.

10. Mykindos

You mentioned that there would be titles linked to achievements, [God] for example. This is what I was talking about in regards to over cluttering the chat, I don't know if you seen it, but before I made toggleable rank tags, peoples names were wrapping around the screen to the next line before the actual message.

The pets would be under /cosmetic

11. tommy272625

tommy272625 Forum Junkie

a) Only make it a thing that can be seen underneath their name tag in game, not in chat.
    b) Give the ability to change the colour of your level (after completing x achievement you gain x colour), levels are only 2 digits so it doesn't matter too much.
    c) Don't worry about titles, they aren't what the achievements are really about.

EDIT: Would the pets actually appear as mobs in game when you access them through /cosmetics, or are they only a 'text' thing?

12. Mykindos

lol they would appear as animals my friend

13. Mykindos

Going to be implementing these ideas this weekend, test server might be up, might not.

More suggestions would be great

TewSmexi likes this.
  14. tommy272625

tommy272625 Forum Junkie

Post if / when the server is up. There are a couple more things I'd like to suggest too, but not rn.

15. tommy272625

tommy272625 Forum Junkie

More incentives to prevent players disbanding their clans.

- Reward coins or fragments based on the amount of time the clan has been up, only when the player is online. This will be given at the same time as the hourly bonus.

16. ChickenChiipz

ChickenChiipz Well-Known Member

wouldn't stop you from dom avoiding

17. tommy272625

tommy272625 Forum Junkie

It's an incentive for people to stop dom avoiding. The idea is basically to make it so that if somebody does dom avoid, they'll be at a disadvantage for the rest of the map.

18. ChickenChiipz

ChickenChiipz Well-Known Member

Yeah ik i could read the first one

19. Mykindos

20. tommy272625

tommy272625 Forum Junkie

Depending on how much you've developed betterpvp 1v1s, 2v2s etc, make betting based upon them in Clans. For example, /duel (player) (money you want to bet), then it'd open a menu for 1v1s, 2v2s, and any rules that need to be set. The challenged player would then see the rules and decide whether to accept or not. They'd be forced to pay an equal amount of gold and the winner gets all.