NippleFuk (currently known as "ToastJuice" item avoid?

Discussion in 'Punishment Request' started by chillichiipz, Oct 4, 2017.

1. chillichiipz

chillichiipz Well-Known Member

Self Employed
    __PapaBless, hahah55, moodoggy261, Stenchfoot_.

Type of Punishment: Don't care about bans/mutes/MAH's only the items.
    Length of Punishment: Refer to above
    Reason for Punishment: Item avoiding/abusing bugs or glitches.

"Definition 2: The action or fact of treating someone unfairly in order to benefit from their work i.e taking advantage of unknown/known bugs in the plugin."

In reference to the above quote, definition 2 states that the action or fact of treating someone unfairly in order to benefit from their work i.e taking advantage of unknown/known bugs in the plugin.
    [FONT=Open Sans, arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]
    As most are aware, there are preventative measures taken to stop clans from being able to log out with high tier items as well as large amounts of money. As shown in the screenshot below, __PapaBless has a significant amount of money on him whilst our clan 'Byzantium' were pillaging him and his clan, (as indicated by the purple names present in chat).

[​IMG] [/FONT]

Not only was this breaking the exploiting rule, however it falls under item avoiding as well. As stated in the server guide -> rules section of the forums, item avoiding refers to removing items from your base to avoid them being stolen from raiders etc. There are exceptions to this rule, however, having a significant amount of money (not in physical items) does not fall under any of these exceptions.

There have been arguments that __PapaBless had this significant amount of money on him for more than 24 hours and had logged out during this time, indicating that he didn't specifically avoid our pillage. Disregard to the pillage, having a sum of money this large, whilst logging off clearly indicates using a bug/glitch in order to prevent other clans from being able to take their items AT ALL.

I would also like to note that I am aware a lot of money has been generated by the means of non-legitimate ways this map.

Thanks for taking the time to review this request.

2. Mykindos

Mykindos Owner Staff Member Owner Developer

I understand your concern, and a bug was potentially abused, however I could not get confirmation of this since the user was offline.

Logging out with a lot of money isn't really exploiting a bug or glitch, and there arent many ways I can counter this from happening plugin wise, but as you said __PapaBless had a significant amount of money on his player (it was from roulette), and it was there for at least a couple of days.

The only bug I think could have been exploited here, was logging out with enchanted armour which safe log doesnt account for (until tomorrow). Unfortunately because logging out with a high balance isnt a clear cut rule, I cant use my morals as justification to refund your clan and punish the offending one, even though I do disagree with the style of gameplay.

One potential solution could be making a sheep appear, and if you get clicked you lose 50% of your balance or something, but I see this causing a lot of people to get mad if they dc and get reset to 0 or something.

3. chillichiipz

chillichiipz Well-Known Member

Self Employed
    Fully agree with the decision if it does come down to morals as it's not quite fair even though... they knew they were doing the wrong thing. Just can't prove it.

Regardless, in terms of finding a solution, is there any way to set a threshold of being able to log out with money on one's person. e.g. matching the limit in items to the limit in non physical coins?

4. Mykindos

Mykindos Owner Staff Member Owner Developer

Can't stop people from logging out, they can just close their client