Tips & Tricks - Making new maps easier

Discussion in 'Server Guide' started by Comprzz, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Comprzz

Comprzz Moderator Staff Member Mod

[​IMG]
    This thread is to teach players how to get ahead of other clans at the start of a fresh map as well as tips and tricks to maintain dominance throughout the map. There is more to this server then just mindlessly running out hoping to prevail in fights - base design, farming, clan size, world events, fishing and even mining all play a large factor in getting ahead early map.

I've broken this post into sections, these include:
    • Base Design / Structure
    • Fields - How to prepare for the new map
    • Fishing
    • Farming
    • World events
    There is obviously more to this server if you want to be successful, however I feel like the majority of the community complain about how strong certain clans are, yet don't realise how much effort and strategising goes into each map behind the scenes by those clans.

[​IMG]
    Bases depend on various things such as clan size and claims. If you want to be as efficient as possible I'd recommend a 2x2 claim (commonly referred to as a 4 claim), however the bigger the clan you have the better.

I see a lot of aesthetic bases which look amazing but are extremely non-effective in base defence. Although a stone brick cube might not look appealing to the eye, it is by far one of the safest bets when it comes to basic base defence. Please note that putting cobblestone in-between layers isn't the best option, instead using complete stone brick for each layer is the best choice as stone brick requires 2 tnt to completely be removed (1st shot cracking, 2nd shot removing).

Traps are another essential, even if it is just a simple drop piston trap - THESE WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE! The more traps the better, but just remember with each trap added there comes a weakness too, as they are more vulnerable entry points when being TNT'd.

[​IMG]
    Fields is the place to be early map if you want to get ahead, you can find ores that regenerate there that you can use for armor/tools/weapons as well as pumpkins and melons that spawn so you can get an early farm going. Don't forget to mine the enderchests as they give you leather, a very mobile and useful class early map.

Be careful though, as this is an extremely popular place early map - its best recommended to come here when theres less players online or come with your clan/allies. Use the surrounding landscape to your advantage and make sure you've figured out every entrance/exit the fields may have hidden, these could save your life if you need to escape.

[​IMG]
    Fishing early map is extremely powerful, it gives you an alternative to stripping fields every time it's up and you don't even need to leave your base to do so with the new Outlaw rank (granting you the ability to fish anywhere, not just lake or your base).

You have the ability to not only just catch fish for money, but also can catch tools and weapons to use. Catching legendaries is also a thing however the chance is extremely low. I'd recommend fishing while there are more players online, to save yourself the risk of dying at fields. You never know, you could get lucky and get a rake the first day - then you wouldn't have to worry about the planting/replanting of your crops for the remainder of the map (providing you had access to /repair)

[​IMG]
    Farms change each map, however I always make sure I have a farm operational before moving onto anything else as it gives you an in-come for basically doing nothing (it just requires the effort to build). I believe farming is extremely necesscary early map and find that clans who have their farm completely up and running by day 2-3 are the ones who tend to dominate the map.

Crop prices change due to dynamic shop prices, so the best crop to sell will always vary. The best way to counter this is to have 1 level of each crop, this will give you a mixture and will make sure you never fall to the minimum sell price per harvest.

Farming levels are 44-60 Y (Maximum of 6 floors)

[​IMG]
    Not the most important thing early map, but I don't see a lot of clans contesting these world events early map. These not only drop 50,000 coins to the player who dealt the killing blow, but give you the chance to get either an enchanted piece of armor (which gives you from 2%-6% damage reduction per piece depending on if its Mastercraft, ascendent or apprentice armour) or a legendary item.

I'd suggest taking advantage of any undead camp that appears as they are extremely easy to do by yourself, Skeleton king/Slime king/broodmother has proven to be very hard by yourself, so I recommend you bring your clan buddies/allies to help assist with these.

Be cautious however, if you die it'll show up in chat that you died from a world event boss and players will usually rush to the world event to steal your kill or items.

Please note this is to give players a rough idea of things to do early map and how to prepare for the next map.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. ViperPlays

ViperPlays Well-Known Member

funny how no one else did this... <3

3. Comprzz

Comprzz Moderator Staff Member Mod

Bump for new map visibility